Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First Mortgage Payment

Well, I paid the first mortgage payment this morning. We probably own the kitchen sink or a light switch or something minuscule like that. I'd rather own a sink as opposed to a light switch...its more functional. Don will be so happy to know we actually own something of this house.

Its still relatively clean too. ...And I pick up the kitchen and its relatively clean when I go to bed and when it isn't, it is actually the first thing I do in the morning, even when I leave at 7:15. You'd be so proud...anyone who has ever lived with me.

Don and I actually remembered to take the garbage out this week too. We usually don't think about it till I hear the truck driving past the house and I think, "O crap!!" and then we have to wait a week. I then, will end up catching it on the recycle week (every other week). And this week is not a recycle week AND I got the garbage out. I'm impressed with myself.

We've already thought about yard work this spring and summer. Our next "big" purchase will be a push-mower for our yard. We also will pick up a rack because there are quite a bit of leaves from last fall. It is so great to see the landscaping since we viewed the house and up until the past couple of weeks, there has been tons of snow everywhere. I am planning a vegetable garden and there is already a spot dug up for it. So it is just a matter of transplanting some plants and planting new ones. I'm pretty excited about it. I can't wait to see our trees blossom and green and see the kind of shade we get over our house.

Other than that: same-o, same-o. I'm still looking for a job, trying to put things in their space, revisiting old hobbies, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment