Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gardening!

I have 26 different plants for my brand new garden! Tomorrow's job tho is to start pulling up the weeds and tilling the ground. Here is what my garden (and various parts of our yard) harvest will produce:

Flowers:
Wildflower Perennial Mix
Old Fashioned Garden Mixture
Shade Mix
Evening Sun Mixed Color Sunflower

Veggies and Herbs:
Cilantro
Basil
Thyme
Rosemary
Oregano
Dill
Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper
Parsley
Pak Choi-White Stem
Watermellon
Cantaloupe
Garden Beans (Green Beans)
Eggplant
Lettuce
Salad Mix Lettuce
Roma Tomato
Jack-O'Latern Pumpkin
Bell Peppers
Broccoli
Cucumber
Onion
Sweet Corn

So, if you live nearby, I'm sure I will have extra veggies and herbs this summer. You can have all my eggplant, the only reason I'm planting them is because I can. I'm sure I won't eat nearly as many as I will produce. I'm so excited. Any gardening tips are welcome.

Oh yeah, and if you'd like a mum plant...we have 18-20 in various parts of our yard. I would LOVE to get rid of some. FREE MUM PLANTS!! Spread the word!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I want to live by you and help you in your garden and learn stuff about gardening and then take some of the sweet corn and tomatoes and rosemary off your hands. :) How great to be a homeowner! I really should try stuff in pots. Hmm. How big is the garden? Have you gardened before? This seems like a huge task, and completely awesome! Did you just ask someone at a garden center what grows in western Michigan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you think I know what I'm doing. I went to Meijers (similar to Walmart) and looked at the pictures on the seed packages and took inventory of what we like to eat/spend money on and then I picked pictures of pretty flowers. That is how I picked out what I wanted. ...Well, with the exception of Eggplant...and the Pak Choi...not really sure what I'm going to do with that either. I have no desire to eat one that I grow...I just want to say I grew it. The Pumpkings, I just want one...I'll sell the others to the neighbors. The garden, pretty big...the size of a small one-car garage I think. We did container gardens at our apartment, herbs, green beans, strawberries (that didn't work out so well), tomatoes, various lettuces, and bell peppers. That worked out good. So yeah, I do it just to say I did it and just to see it grow...I don't care really what grows, I just want a pumpkin and fresh corn. I didn't realize you could grow some of that stuff in Michigan. I know someone will be appalled by this.

    ReplyDelete