Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In A Groove

Well, life is starting a new normal around here...new in the case of tending after a house and not an apartment. I love the house! I didn't realize how much I would enjoy this but it is SO cool. (Yes, I do realize that sounds very cheesy but that is just fine with me!). I also didn't realize how much I would notice the increased space! I haven't lived in a house that I could sprawl all over since I was 18 and moved out of my mom and dad's place! That was 11 and a half years ago! Crazy!!

People have said that I've got remarkably few boxes in the house and I realize now that there are some things that will forever be in a box or at least be stored in a box for a while yet and that is okay. I am slowly finding places for all those things that I don't really know what to do with. But other than that, it is all going well. So...pictures of the whole thing hopefully by the end of the week.

I participated in a Job fair for DHS (Department of Human Services) as they have many positions open in a few different departments across the state. I made it in as a walk-in (as this was a pre-registered event), made it to day two, and then made it on to day three. I was thrilled to make it that far. At the end of day three I felt pretty confident about the job, about my ability to get the job, and about my performance in the interview but I won't here for another 3-5 weeks. Bummer. Oh well, I have things that can fill up that time pretty nicely. Even though this isn't my "dream job" I like the opportunity it will give me to build relationships with co-workers and hopefully those can turn into a referral sources later on.

Speaking of that... My business partner and I are looking at office space this afternoon. I've already seen it, was relatively happy with it, and am hoping that he'll like it too so that we can move forward on this Private Practice (AKA: "dream job"). We have a lot of business planning to go yet but that will also happen as time goes on. We have a good start even though it isn't leaps and bounds.

Anything else??? Not really. I think I'll head over to coffee with my mom and aunt in a short-hour and then hopefully the AT&T people will come and fix the phone line they disrupted. Ha ha...this is a good story:

So I canceled the phone and internet at our apartment and switched over service to our house. We had a bit of trouble hooking up our internet so they sent over an installation guy and hooked it up. Well, we had no problems with our land-line service but when they sent the guy over for the internet, he did a great job hooking that up but we quickly found we no longer had a phone. So...out they come again. After this, no more installation people coming over.

We have a house. I have a professional license. Don has a great job he likes more and more. All we need are kiddos, me a job, and life will move from perfect to beyond perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment