Monday, November 9, 2009

Wasting Tuition

We have this thing at GRTS called e-portfolio where they mark your progress (as an institution, see how they are doing) and you can also send that on to prospective employers/grad schools in order to...well, do what they do.

We have a mini-lecture about this SEVERAL times during various classes and new student orientation. It costs me $96.15 per class session so why are they repeating themselves over and over? I want my money back.

We also had this thing in as part of program introduction that teaches us how to research in the library. Okay really? We're in graduate school. We probably didn't get this far by not researching. I think we all know. Those who haven't been in school for 15 or so years, well, there are very visible reference people in the library that show us how to do things and are very available to us for help. I would like my money back for that.

It's week nine of the semester, nine weeks ago summer ended. So why are we still having internet/wireless connection problems? What ever you did over the summer Techies, how could it take you more than nine weeks to fix it? I would like my Technology Fee to be returned to me also.

I'm tired of my money being wasted: the government, my apartment people, school. Really people, I don't have a lot of money, I'm not wealthy, my husband and I are uninsured (or grossly under-insured to the point where we are pretty much uninsured) and we both work two part time jobs and go to school full time. Stop taking my money and putting it to shotty use. I am tired of slaving away only for you to waste my hard earned money. Stop it! Return it!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly - you sound a little disgruntled. I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete