Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Things First!

Well, ES (Exchange Student, for the sake of privacy, that is how I will refer to her) has been here a week and we have introduced her to a lot! The most exciting for her was probably the Seoul Market Korean food store down the street 2 miles. She was beyond excited (you should have seen her eyes light up!). Here are a few of the firsts that will give you a hint of how drastically different life here is versus in Korea:

First time on a dairy farm (first time milking a cow...seeing someone get licked and sucked by a cow) (Milking was the highlight)
First frozen french fries at home (like, I think)
First blueberries (doesn't like them, but mine were tart)
First S'more (liked them!)
First Rodeo (thanks to the Cow Camp up in McBain)
First dinner over a fire (I think...at least first Hobo Pies)
First Gator ride (thanks to a vendor loaning one to my dad)
First Meat pies (like)
First Cold Coffee (that I liked, it was from Korea, one of her favorites)
First Kimchi Ramon noodles (for me, I liked)
First Crawfish fishing (well, Don did the fishing but she was a faithful watcher) and along with that first time holding a crawfish (has yet to eat one but I think it wouldn't be too hard to convince her).

Well, you get the point. There have been lots of firsts, more on her part than mine. I'm sure there will be Korean cooking in the kitchen at some point this week (excited)!

The two of us (Kelly and ES) are learning how to cook Korean. I'm excited for that. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment