Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Exchange Student(s?)

So I hope you all enjoyed the last blog about the Exchange Student. Because, let me tell you, it has been double-y fun in our house!

ES has been here three weeks now and it has continued to go well. I love getting to know her, her personality, and seeing her work so hard. She is such a brave girl! We spent this past weekend doing things she liked to do. We started off Saturday, late morning, at an Exchange Student Post-Arrival Orientation which is something the organization does to help each of us work out kinks and check in on how things are going. Then, after that we went downtown where they were setting up for ArtPrize in various locations. It was cool to see the artists hard at work and also to show her downtown. ES comes from a "small" town of 1.5 million people. I know GR doesn't compare at all to that but she seemed to enjoy it nonetheless. We then picked up Don and headed to another part of town, and then on to a third part of town before heading to the mall before Dinner.

Dinner was ah-maz-ing! We went to this Korean-Chinese-Japanese place called Seoul Garden (I had heard it was the BEST Asian food in town). It did not disappoint. Although it did not taste exactly like home, ES said it was close enough. We all had a little Korean and went home full.

The excitement didn't stop there. I had enough time to throw my clean laundry in the dryer and check facebook when I saw that our Exchange Student coordinator was online. I started to chat her up telling her what a great morning we had, and then tell her what a great afternoon we had after that... You know the story...

And well, she abruptly stopped that conversation with: "Do you know anyone who can host a student?" 24 hours, 16 minutes, and one bed move later, ES#2 entered our life. He is 18, from Spain, and a very sweet guy! We now have two perfect children and my house has never been cleaner or fuller! I'm only having problems adjusting to his accent...it's a little thick.

Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment