Monday, January 3, 2011

What have I been doing?

Well, I've been done with my Masters for two and a half weeks now and there still is some sort of a sense of relief. It's hard to say though, because this time of year is always without school.

What have I been doing? Well, my apartment has been neglected for the two and a half years since I started this endeavor and so last week, I spent three and a half days cleaning my apartment. I started with the bathroom, moved in to the dining room and kitchen, migrated to the living room, and rounded the finishing touches in the bedroom. I do have pictures of middle and after (as I forgot to take before pictures) but I will have to post them later.

Among the six garbage bags of junk I found that now belong to the local landfill or a donation center, I also found $0.31, my favorite necklace from Fiji, a $15 unused itunes card, my library card, my closet shelves, stains on the carpet (can't all be good right???), TONS of dust, and my sanity (although, that could have come with the fact that I am no longer doing homework).

What do I do at work now? Many of you know that I have spent many-a-night on my third shifts doing homework. I have written several papers and read entire semester's worth of reading for several classes (including collateral reading) all on the overnights. I have now done 4 overnights without the aid of homework. I have watched 6 movies and have crawled my way through the first half of Moby Dick (part of that was already read).

So what are my plans now? Finish Moby Dick and next on my reading list (which technically I've already started) is "Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus: How the Jewishness of Jesus Can Transform Your Faith" and as you can guess, it's about culture in ANE (exciting!! new term I learned in Seminary: Ancient Near East) during Jesus day. I'm also tackling the adventure of finding a job, filing for licensure, and soon studying for the NCE (National Counseling Exam).

Above all, I'm not only enjoying all the new knowledge I have just downloaded into my brain, I am also enjoying feeling the tension in my body melt away AND enjoying allowing my newly filled brain melt away into mush. One of the lessons I learned outside the classroom was that I did my Masters WAY too fast...not that I didn't learn anything, do well, or that I regret it but if I would have done it slower I wouldn't have been as stressed out (to the point of loosing my hair), would have learned more, and I probably would have done even better.

What an exciting adventure it was! I can't wait to go back to school! ...Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment