Thursday, March 4, 2010

Haven't Done This One In A While

So today, I did something I haven't done in almost 11 years: I was in class for nearly 8 hours.

OMG! I don't know how I ever went years - literally YEARS - having to go day, after day, after day, or even ONE day being in class for that long!

And even then, starting school at 8:00am and getting out at 3:00 isn't even 8 hours...not to mention your morning recess, lunch recess, and your afternoon recess. That boils it down to what...6 hours? then, in the later years, you're in class for 45 minutes and you get a five minute break. Good gravy, I've NEVER been in class for 8 hours straight!

So here is how today went:
10:00-11:55 Practicum Class
12:00-2:50 (minus two ten minute breaks) Research Methodology
3:00-6:00 (minus 15 minutes of break) Ethics and Issues
7:30 minutes of class!

How did I ever survive?! When I'm committed to something for that long at least I get a lunch break and a paycheck! Do you know how much today cost me? Nearly $300! That's like almost 2 weeks worth of work at my part time job! This better be SO worth it.

Ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. I just thought about that the other day. I had to go to an 8 hour long continuing education class. It was brutal! I kept thinking these people forget what having a normal job is like. I never sit at my desk for more than an hour without getting up to do something. So, 8 long, continual hours of continuing education is craziness
    -Kate H

    ReplyDelete