Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Change I Can Believe In

Those who know their American history can probably recall something called the Boston Tea Party. No, they didn't sit around and drink their tea and crumpets. Instead, they rebelled against taxation and dumped tea into the Boston Harbor. Well, the Tea Party is back! ...And if there is one thing I learned in Fiji, it was to enjoy my TEA!

I have recently been thinking more and more about the whole movement. It's a bipartisan group that is wants to regain control of the government and put back in the people's hands: by the people, for the people. It's goals are that there is fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free market. They want to preserve the economic future for our children, work for a return to the principles that govern our constitution, support the individual's rights and property, and also to provide a platform for like minded people to have a voice. Check out the website of my local chapter: www.teapartyofwmi.org or the national organization's website at: www.teapartypatriots.org. I think it's change that we can believe in, without hidden agendas, price tags, spreading of wealth, "transparency", deem and pass, or any of that other Washington bullshit.

Oh yeah, they also have a petition to 'Repeal the Bill' referring to the ObamaCare go to either of the websites above to sign. The goal is a million signatures. You can also do this through facebook, my facebook wall.

I don't want to have to be forced to buy things I don't necessarily want to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment