Friday, September 25, 2009

Blast from the Past

Cliche I know.

So It's Friday so that means this afternoon I spent in bed in hopes that the little sleep I can convince my body it needs will last me to at least 8:30am tomorrow morning. Then the phone rang. Please don't call me Friday afternoon...or Saturday, but especially Friday.

It was one of my girls from Juvie (one that had aged out of the system well before I left), calling me collect form Kent County Jail. I talked to her for a short minute and then hung up the phone and proceeded to go back to sleep...

I was thinking about it as I was laying there and the strangeness of what just happened. I figure that if God's plan for me is to one day get back into ministry, this is the opportunity that he's going to use to do it. She goes to court on the 29th (I will attempt to make it) and she'll either go back to jail or more likely, be on probation for 6 months. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment